Report grievances safely, securely, anonymously and with confidence
We have contracted an external supplier ‘NAVEX Global’ to provide an anonymous 24/7/365 manned telephone hotline, web reporting and email service for the reporting of grievances.
A “grievance” is any negative feedback from a stakeholder who has a “sense of wrong” linked to our operations or activities. Our criteria for acceptance of a grievance are broad and flexible in order to accommodate as wide a range of grievances as possible. In particular, grievances based on perception as well as fact are accepted.
This service is available to all stakeholders, without exception, and is progressively being rolled-out across our global operations. At a global level, grievances can be logged via the following means, regardless of which location the grievance relates to.
- Please click here to view Freephone numbers.
- Callers will be directed via an automated message offering a choice of appropriate languages.
- Callers will be given a choice to leave a secure voice message or speak to a call handler in person, in which case the call will be transferred through to a trained agent.
- Having left their voice message or spoken to a call handler, the Caller will be given a case number so that they can call back later to receive any feedback. This unique number will be used when information is relayed directly to and from our company via NAVEX Global.
Please be advised that due to limited or inconsistent local network coverage in some jurisdictions, accessing the grievance line by phone may sometimes result in a failure to connect to NAVEX Global personnel. Connection failures are beyond our control and are most commonly seen in relation to calls are made through VoIP service providers, or where cell / mobile connectivity is weak. In such instances we respectfully encourage stakeholders to either report grievances via the web platform, as explained below, or if the parties involved are comfortable in doing so, pursuing another channel of communication such as by email via www.impalaterminals.com/contact or, if relevant, by contacting a local Trafigura office directly.
- Please click here to access NAVEX Global’s web reporting service.
- On completion of your report, either in short or long form, you will be given a unique case number and password so that you can log back into the system and add to the report, or to obtain feedback from our company via NAVEX Global’s confidential case management system.
We believe that every grievance must be acknowledged, logged and managed consistently and with due respect for the complainant, regardless of whether the relevant company operation considers the issue to be well founded.
Logging and investigating all grievances doesn’t mean that they will all be accepted as legitimate complaints. As a point of principle, our responsibility to remediate a grievance will be limited to those cases where the alleged harm/wrong is caused by our activities, or where our activities have contributed to it.
Should you have any general questions about this service or about our responsibility programme as a whole please click here.
As outlined above, when you report a grievance to NAVEX Global, an anonymous case number will be generated. We will endeavour to respond to each case via NAVEX Global within a two week period.
In the event of an emergency (defined as imminent threat to life or imminent threat of physical harm to persons or property) out of normal working hours (9am to 5.30pm UK time Monday to Friday inclusive) NAVEX Global will attempt to contact our authorised recipients via their emergency telephone numbers.